To install your new Greencorner umbrella:
- Choose the location for your umbrella on a flat, level and stable surface.
- Unwrap your umbrella carefully. The finial will be wrapped separately and taped to the bubble wrapped pole of the umbrella, so make sure you remove that first. Be sure to not injure anyone or cut into the product when undoing the box or bubble wrap.
- Ensure that the base (not included) you are going to place your umbrella into is in the desired location and is prepared for your umbrella. This may include but is not limited to untightening any base knobs and removing any reducer parts that is smaller than your umbrella pole.
- Keep the umbrella in the closed position and carefully lift and place the umbrella pole into the base.
- Stabilize the umbrella in the base. Such as with our bases, this includes screwing in and tightening any of the base knobs.
- Follow the next few steps to install the finial:
- Carefully use a ladder to reach the top of the umbrella.
- While lightly pressing a clean hand against the canopy fabric to keep the grommet hole in the canopy
lined up with the mast, remove the hex-bolt by unscrewing it. This is hand screwed in, and should not
require any tools to unscrew, but if needed you can use a wrench (not included, however 7/16”
socket wrenches or standard adjustable wrenches works).
- Screw the finial into the same hole the bolt was removed from. Hand tighten the finial until it touches
the canopy. Avoid over tightening the finial, as this may lead to fraying or tearing in the canopy.
- Before the next steps, ensure that there is enough room for the umbrella to open.
- Release the ties around the umbrella.
- IMPORTANT – Gently pull out all ribs one at a time to ease the opening of the umbrella. Do not force them
open. This is important to do every time you intend to use your umbrella to ensure nothing damages. Misuse of the umbrella is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- To open the umbrella, locate the rope and make sure it is hanging freely next to the pole. Pull down
slowly but firmly, making sure the ribs are free to move.
- If you encounter resistance, the ribs have not been pulled out properly. Please repeat step 9.
- If you continue to encounter resistance, make sure that the pulley rope is not tangled or stuck.
- As you raise the umbrella, you will notice three holes in the mast allowing for different canopy heights. Once you have lifted the canopy to the desired height, push the metal pin attached to the sliding hub into one of these holes until the connecting ring meets the wood.
- Wind up the rope and clip it into the leather strap found on the sliding hub.
- For the first time opening, you will see additional packaging such as cardboard sleeves on the umbrella. Carefully remove the tape without cutting yourself or the product. The additional packaging can now be discarded and recycled, as that was solely additional protection for during shipment.
- To close the umbrella:
- Undo the leather strap to release the rope freely.
- Pull a little on the rope to allow you to remove the metal pin from under the sliding hub on the pole.
- Slowly lower the umbrella via the rope, ensuring no one nor anything collides with the ribs or canopy.
- Tie around the umbrella the ties hanging on the canopy.
Close the umbrella & cover with a storage cover during excessive winds to prevent injury and damage. Umbrellas damaged by wind or storms are not covered under manufacturer’s warranty. That is an insurance issue, if you have the proper coverage. Although the fabric is mold, mildew and rot resistant, the fabric should be allowed to dry completely before storage. Atmospheric pollution deposits on the surface of the fabric can still potentially mold and mildew under damp conditions.